• Built at Castle Bromwich and delivered to No.9
MU at Cosford on 30th May 1945 to be placed
• 12th October it was transferred to No.20 MU
• 16th September 1946, moved to No.6 MU at
• 7th September 1948, TE184 issued to No.203
Advanced Flying School (later renamed No.226
Operational Conversion Unit).
• 27th February 1950, transferred to No.607
RAuxAF based at Ouston.
• 13th June the placed in store at No.33 MU
• 9th November, Gunnery School at Leconfield.
• 30th January 1951 Cat.3R damage sustained.
• 27th February this was recategorised as
Cat.5(GI) and TE184 was converted to ground
instructional use and delivered to No.64 Reserve
Centre at Long Benton, Newcastle upon Tyne,
with the maintenance serial 6850M.
• 1952 moved to No.1855 squadron ATC at
Royston, Lancs on static exhibition until February
1967 when it was taken to RAF Bicester. Used
as a static airframe in the film ‘The Battle of
• August 1970 transferred to No.5 MU Kemble
for restoration and respray as ‘LA-A’
• No.23 MU Aldergrove late 1971 for storage
for the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum.
• March 1977 placed the aircraft on outside
display, but it was soon seen to be deteriorating
in the maritime climate and it was placed inside
as a conservation measure.
• Sold to Nick Grace in 1986.
• Registered G-MXVI to Myrick Aviation Services
February 2nd 1989 and rebuilt as a high back
Mk.XVI with first flight on November 23rd 1990.
• Sold to Alain de Cadenet in 1995.
• To Hawker Restorations on 5th December 1996.
Repainted in free French Air Force markings
• Restored at Booker by PPS. TE184 took to the
skies again after overhaul by PPS in the hands
of test-pilot Jonathon Whaley on the 20th of
• Owned by Stephen Stead.